Federal Correctional Facility
Forrest City, Ark.
Federal Bureau of Prisons
- This project is an addition to the existing campus which Flintco completed as the first Design-Build project ever award by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP).
- This new, medium security federal prison has three, four-story general population housing units and a two-story special housing unit to accommodate all 1,152 inmates.
- The 44-acres site includes over 485,000 square feet of building space.
- This 485,000-square-foot building features an outside security administration building, ecumenical, health services and vocational training buildings, Unicor factory warehouse building, laundry and commissary building.
- A maintenance shop, food services and dining facility for staff and inmates, a recreation building and ball fields, and a 750,000-gallon water tower and central utility plant are also included.
- This is Flintco's third project at Forrest City and its 5th with the Federal Bureau of Prisons.