St. Edwards University Residence Hall
St. Edward's University
Cotera + Reed Architects - Associate Architect
Alejandro Aravena - Design Architect
Construction Management - At Risk
- The St. Edward's University Residence Hall Phase IV is located on the southern edge of the South Austin campus of this private, Catholic liberal arts institute.
- The residence hall project is approximately 120,000 square feet of dormitory and dining space.
- Highlights of this four-story building include an upperclassmen hall with private suites, two-person shared bathrooms with a community kitchen and dining room.
- Two other halls, for freshmen, include double-room suites; computer labs; coffee shop, convenience store, dining hall; security camera monitored entrances and the card readers with cameras.
- The complex houses the University's Health Center and Counseling and Consultation Center.
- The building is unique in that its design calls for large quantities of red curtain walls, multi-colored glass windows, and angled cuts with masonry.