Since our founding in 1908, Flintco has made a name for itself as not just being in the brick and mortar business, but also in the people business. To wear the Flintco brand requires absolute knowledge and experience in providing constructive solutions, the ability to enjoy a challenge, being driven to deliver, taking pride in one's work and exuding a true spirit of service. We are committed to accomplishing our mission of hiring, developing and retaining the best construction professionals the industry has to offer. The result: Flintco offers the best people to work for you.
As one of the leading commercial contractors in the nation, Flintco has come a long way since our founding over a century ago. Take a walk with us down memory lane to see how we started from humble beginnings to become the $1.2 billion contractor that we are today.
1908 – 1918:
Revelers watch the first ball drop in Times Square to usher in the New Year and Ford introduces the Model T. The same year, Flintco begins operations as Tulsa Rig, Reel, and Manufacturing Company (TRR) – a major supplier of drilling and pumping equipment for the burgeoning oil industry.
1919 – 1928:
As the Treaty of Versailles brings World War I to an end, C.W. Flint takes full ownership of TRR and expands operations to include oil field lumber yards and the building of derricks.
1929 – 1938:
The Works Progress Administration (WPA) under FDR's New Deal helps get America back on track while TRR puts oil field camp experience to good use in the construction of Army bases and airfields for the U.S. government.
1939 – 1948:
WWII fighter pilot Chuck Yeager breaks the sound barrier introducing a new era of flight. TRR acquires a commercial construction company to further augment its building capabilities.
1949 – 1958:
The birth of Disneyland, McDonald's, color television and remote control change the way we view the world. The company undertakes their first remodel construction project at Hillcrest Medical Center – still a Flintco client today, and completed its first project in Arkansas.
1959 – 1968:
The Beatles invade the U.S. with an appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. The company continues to grow steadily, continuing to expand its work outside Oklahoma into Kansas.
1969 – 1978:
Neil Armstrong becomes the first man on the moon and TRR begins operating under a new name Flintco, Inc. – continuing to diversify its portfolio of work including award-winning high-rise office and retail projects.
1979 - 1988:
Introduction of the first PC opens the doors that lead to the computer revolution. Oakridge Builders is established as an "open shop" sister company of Flintco, and the addition of Flintco offices in Oklahoma City, Okla. and Memphis, Tenn. help the company to better serve their clients.
1989 – 1998:
The World Wide Web grows exponentially as our small, small world continues to shrink and Flintco continues to grow with offices opening in Springdale, Ark. and Albuquerque, N.M. The company's first Native American construction project – The Redbird Smith Health Center – reflects pride in Flintco's own heritage and launches a long history of service to more than 65 Indian Nations. Click here to find out more about Flintco's role in construction throughout Indian Country.
1999 – 2008:
Turning of century creates unfounded Y2k scare. Now a renowned construction company, Flintco celebrates 100 years.
2009 – 2011:
Facebook phenomenon connects 500 million people. Smartphones and tablets make 24/7 networking accessible. Flintco continues to connect to its core values and is named top three in the nation for its safety program by Associated General Contractors for the seventh time. Associated Builders and Contractors and Associated General Contractors names Flintco its winner in the National Safety Excellence program.
2012 – present:
Alberici Corporation, a diversified construction company, acquires Flintco, LLC in 2013. This acquisition sets the stage for tremendous growth opportunities for two of the largest construction companies. Both companies retain no debt, healthy balance sheets and have exceptional bonding capacity.