Boone Pickens Stadium, Phases I-III
Preconstruction, Construction Management
Crafton Tull and Associates
Oklahoma State University
Total Square Feet:
- This high-profile project is a confined site with fast-track design and features lots of interface with students and the neighboring Engineering College.
- Weekly coordination meetings were held to accommodate football games, practices, graduations and Special Olympics, among other activities.
- Phase I includes demolition, temporary stairs to allow egress during the season, structural repairs on the north side, and repairs and reinforcement to the south side to prepare for Phase II. The remainder of the work in Phase I includes four new elevators, escalators, expansion of the stadium 70 feet to the south, new club seats, luxury boxes, press box, and a brick façade.
- Phase II includes renovations to the north grandstands; suites were upgraded from the Phase I design, six elevators were installed on the north side, two additional elevators were installed on the south side.
- Phase III includes new football player facilities including locker room, equipment room, training room, hydrotherapy pools, weight room and meeting rooms. It also included new coach offices, meeting rooms, and a loading dock for underground tractor trailer rigs. Also included are 36 suites and one mega suite.