Research Office Complex
Preconstruction, Construction Management
The University of Texas System
Total Square Feet:
- Located on the UT J.J. Jake Pickle Research Campus, the three-story office and research facility includes naturally lit office spaces, research laboratories and connection to the existing Bureau of Economic Geology (BEG) building.
- Extensive coordination was required to accommodate the occupants of the BEG building, which was in use during construction.
- The project also involves utility relocations, construction of a large parking lot, intricate tree protection and preservation and implementation of LEED® practices in design and construction.
- The building is shared by two renowned UT entities, the Institute for Geophysics and the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC), which is home to Ranger, one of the fastest supercomputers in the world.
- This is the University’s first LEED® certified project.