Socorro County Adult Detention Center
Studio Southwest Architects, Inc
Total Square Feet:
- The facility is based on a “super pod” design with housing pods radiating from a center observation core, designed to improve security and operating efficiency.
- The detention center houses up to 108 inmates in eight pods.
- Six of the pods face a central control room for indirect supervision. Two additional direct supervision dormitory pods are included for trustee inmates.
- To contain costs, the building is constructed of a pre-engineered metal building shell
- The compact design includes an office suite, booking/intake area, kitchen, laundry, vehicle sally port, and a medical suite with an isolation room.